Evaluation process and schedule for Master Thesis (PDM) collaboration with laba / Prof. H.Gugger
In line with the official SAR guidelines for the PDM 2018-19 laba has established the following procedure and schedule for students seeking collaboration for their Masters Thesis with laba / Prof. H. Gugger.
Students fluent in English (speaking and writing) are invited to submit:
- a motivation letter (explaining the choice of laba / Prof. H. Gugger)
- an abstract of their Master Thesis topic
- a proposal for the “groupe de suivi” (Directeur pédagogique; Professeur responsable de l’Enoncé; Maître EPFL). Please note that the Maître EPFL should be a laba assistant
- a CV (tracking the school curriculum) Deadline for the submission of the dossier is May 18th 2018 (in pdf format by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com).
The evaluation criteria are as follows:
- Quality and completeness of submission (motivation letter, content and form of abstract of the Master Thesis topic, CV)
- Qualification of “groupe de suivi” in relation to the proposed Master Thesis topic
- Relation of Master Thesis topic with laba’s research orientation
- Prof. H. Gugger’s personal experience / knowledge in relation to proposed topic
The result of the evaluation will be notified no later than June 8th.
If deemed necessary individual interviews will be held on June 4th between 10 am and 4 pm (venue BP 3242). Applicants concerned will be notified the exact time of their interview by May 28th.
Please note that in line with the above mentioned official SAR guidelines for the PDM 2018-19 two intermediate reviews with the complete “groupe de suivi” will take place (18th / 19th March and 15th / 16th April 2019). A third intermediate review (20th / 21st May 2019) will be attended by the Maître EPFL and Prof. Harry Gugger only.
In addition it is laba’s policy that the Maître EPFL meets the students not more than 6 times during the entire period of the PDM (3 times at the official intermediate reviews and once before and 2 times in between the official intermediate reviews).